Thursday, July 22, 2010

Not perfect but its good.

Now listen, I'm no Kellie Hampton, my life isn't that 'pretty'. My life is a little messy, my kids are a little messy,my house is a little messy, my marriage is a little messy and truth be told, my faith is a little messy at times.
But, this is my life, those messy kids are the ones that God blessed me with, this house is the one that I have played in since I was a baby, JM isn't perfect and neither am I and that's what makes us interesting, and Jesus, He is the reason that I keep a smile on my face.
So, again, I'm no Kellie Hampton, but she does give me lots of inspiration into how to love on my kids and see the greatness in what may look less-than-great to others. Today was a bit too hot to get out to do anything exceptional but I didn't want the day to go by with out something fun for us to do together.
So we had a living room picnic. Very basic, but very out of the ordinary, so it was good. We ate hot dogs, popcorn and fruit, Anna ate some delish mashed up veggies and fruit and we sat on a beautiful little quilt that Mimi made for Zaya when she was a baby.
It was good to just sit and enjoy the fun with my kiddos. We need that, we need each other. If only daddy were here, it would have been a perfect little lunch.
But what did make it better was the fresh flowers that my sweet friend brought over yesterday afternoon after we had a conversation about how we both loved having fresh flowers in our house... those kinds of friends are breath taking. They minister to my soul.
So for today, happy picnicing! Summer is good here in the south, hot, but good... there is no where else I'd rather be.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails