Sunday, July 31, 2011

Meal Plan for 8/1-8/7

Hello August!!!! This week I'm trying out a newer recipe, the Lettuce wraps and I really can't wait to see how they turn out. I wish I had something fun and witty to say this evening but I'm having one of those days where all my thoughts seem to be  few seconds behind and I have to really use a lot of energy to think of simple answers to questions. Gotta love it.

Monday 08/01
Thai Curry
So this is an all time fav in our house. Seriously, my husband would eat it every night if he could. So simple too. Start with two cans coconut milk (we prefer the full fat kind) and heat it in a large sauce pan or wok. Add 3-4 tbsp red curry paste, you can buy this in the international section of your grocery store or make it from scratch... what ever time allows. Mix the paste into the coconut milk using a wire whisk until it is thoroughly mixed with no red chucks. Once it begins to simmer add about 3 tbsp fish oil (or to taste) as well as 2 tbsp agave. Once everything is hot and blended feel free to add what ever veggies you have on hand or a bag of frozen stir fry veggies. My fav additions are sliced bamboo shoots, sliced red bell pepper, onion, small broccoli florets, zucchini and spinach or kale. I usually let the veggies cook in the sauce on super low for about 30 minutes or in a crock pot for  a few hours. If you want to add chicken, add some chopped or shredded, cooked chicken breast at the same time that you add the veggies. Serve over rice.

Tuesday 08/02
Meatloaf, squash with onions and green beans
I got this recipe from a health book called "Maximized Living Cooking Plans". It has some amazing recipes in it. Ok, preheat your oven to 375. In a bowl combine a chopped up yellow onion, a clove of minced garlic, a 1/2 cup fresh, finely chopped parsley, one lightly beaten egg and 1/3 cup sugar free ketchup or tomato paste. Add 2 slices toasted Ezekiel bread, crumpled, as well as about a pound of ground beef. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix it up until it is mixed through. I find that using my hands works best but it does feel pretty special. I place the meat and shape it in a glass loaf pan. My shaping it, I mean I pat it to make the top rounded. Bake the meat loaf for a bout 50 minutes, remove and spread another 1/3 cup ketchup on top and cook for about another 10-20 minutes. You might want to let it cool for a bit before slicing in. We don't always.
With the squash and onions I just pour about 2 tbsp coconut oil into a skillet and add 2 sliced squash as well as half of a sliced medium sized onion. Saute it until you like the consistency. Salt and Pepper it to taste.
Green beans: I cook a huge pot of these and we'll eat off of them all week. After snapping these guys I simply put them in a pot and cover them with water, and maybe a bit more. Add lots of salt and pepper and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper. I used to put fatback or salted pork in it but I have changed my ways :)

Wednesday 08/03
Salmon Croquettes with tomato/cilantro sauce, sliced tomatoes and green beans
This is also from the book mentioned above!
Salmon Croquettes: mix together 2 cans wild caught Alaskan salmon,  2 chopped green onions, about 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro, a couple tablespoons chopped red pepper, 4 tbsp coconut oil, 2/3 cup almond flour, a couple teaspoons lemon juice and 2 eggs. Once well combined, make the mixture into round patties about 2" across. Coat the patties in almond flour and fry in a skillet of hot oil. I use coconut oil. Heat them for about 3-4 minutes each side.
Tomato Sauce: Pull out your food processor and throw in 2 cups chopped red pepper, 2 chopped tomatoes, 2 green onions, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon chili powder. After pureeing it for a bit, pour it into a sauce pan and warm it. Pour it over the salmon... yum.

Thursday 08/04
Rosemary Roasted Chicken, green beans, caprese salad
Ok, I love cooking a whole chicken. Here's how I do it: Pull out the giblets and neck from inside your defrosted chicken. Take a stick of softened butter and mix it with 3 cloves of minced garlic. Now lets get our hands dirty! Slide your hand between the skin and the meat of the chicken and rub the butter and garlic into every nook and cranny. Place

Friday 08/05
Asian Lettuce Wraps, sauteed carrot sticks
In a skillet, cook ground turkey through. Once cooked, add 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 can chopped water chestnuts, a few cloves of minced garlic and 2 tbsp fresh minced ginger. Stir over high heat for about 4 minutes. Add 1/3 cup tamari and 1/2 cup chopped green onions. Serve wrapped in lettuce.
Slice some carrots into toothpick type sticks and saute briefly in coconut oil until it reaches desired tenderness. Serve on top of lettuce wrap or as a side.


Have a great week!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails