Monday, January 31, 2011

Its worth the risk

I've heard it said over and over again how people miss the excitement, adventure and risk of their life before having kids and settling down. I've said it myself a time or two. Come to find out I'm living the grandest adventure and risking it all to love the people God has given me. It is thrilling and terrifying in the same breath. To love someone so completely, so unashamedly... there is nothing more risky. I need to remember to embrace each adventure with the ones I love because everything in their little lives is a new adventure. I need to breathe them in so that I don't have to regret a missed moment we could have shared. I want to look back on my life and know that I did everything I could to love God completely and from the life that that brings, I was able to love the wonderful man I get to journey with as well as the three precious ones we get to teach along the way. I don't want to miss a moment. I never want to miss an opportunity to say 'I love you. Just as you are.' Because I do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails