Thursday, January 27, 2011

Today

Today i went in to put my elders to bed and this is what I found:

Precious. They love each other. Our "rest time" in this house is comedy. Anna sleeps (like a rock), I get things done or depending on the business of the day, I rest myself and Zaya and Jacob play their hearts out in their room. They don't fight, they just play, because they know that if they don't work it out and I have to intervene it means nap time. No good in the life of an almost 3 and 4 year old.


Lately I have been toying with the thought of homeschooling. I don't feel like I'm a "homeschooler". I'm not that good. I always feel like if I go that route I'll miss out on something in their education. But let me say that our lives are BUSY.

Every morning of the week we are off to do something, except for Wednesday. Wednesday is our day of rest... sort of. It is the day that we try to cram in everything we should have done through out the rest of the week. So home schooling seems like it may free us up a little bit and give us more family time. And I do love family time.

So today I set up the art easel with paints and paper and let the littles have at it. They loved it. They painted, they enjoyed one another. And all the while I was sitting at the table writing a curriculum that we could possible use one day and Anna was eating strawberries.

Maybe we'll give it a go over the summer and just see what happens! Maybe we'll love it and they'll love it and we'll get to go to the zoo again... dang we miss the zoo.

Oh, and P.S.- I have a camera people!!!! A real camera! Good-bye point and shoot! Now as I escape the confines of the kiddie pool and slip into the vast ocean of real photography, I'm a little nervous and playing cautiously. But let me say this is an adventure and it is a GREAT one. My dreams are coming true!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails