Friday, November 30, 2007

Caleb?

I am thankful to be having a little boy join our nysewander-world in 15 weeks... wow that seems soon. I think JM and I have decided to name him Caleb (however I still like the name Aaron [exalted, strong]). We both have liked this name (Caleb) since before we ever dreamed of kiddos and now we may get to use it:) Caleb is Hebrew for faithful and I love that. One thing we are not yet sure of is what we want to give him for a middle name. I know we have 15 whole weeks to decide, so there is no rush, but I thought I would check with other bloggers out there to see what their thoughts and suggestions are. I like the names Matthew (Gift of God) and Daniel (God is my judge) but we just aren't sure yet.

I know this having two kids thing will be an adventure and I pray daily that I'm up for the challenge. I can't wait to meet this little guy and see what he's like and how he is going to change our little growing family. I worry about my little girl, who has been very clingy lately, and how she is going to handle sharing me. She's not too keen on sharing me with other kids for 2 minutes so I hope she's prepared to share me for a life time. I will definitely need grace and the eyes of God to see her needs and to know what behaviors are legitimate feelings of neglect or just new sibling jealousy. Actually, what would be 'ideal' is for her to embrace this new role as 'big sis' and become my little helper. ("I will call her, mini me.") But I'm trying to be realistic and think of all the scenarios possible and you know what, even once I think I've considered them all, I'm sure she will react in a way that I never would have thought of. That's life:)

News Flash: I'm already booking reservations at Casa de Nysewander for anyone who wants to come visit us after little guy is born to change diapers, cook, clean and to play with IGN for a few days... or a month. I mean, don't all rush out here at once! Heehee!

News Flash #2: Its supposed to crazy snow here tomorrow! Like 6-10 inches! (KTB, get your ticket ready!)

Happy December to everyone and I hope Nov. was a good one:) Let me know your thoughts on baby names and leave the dates of your spring visit to Minnesota for the baby arrival:) Blessings!

11 comments:

ManUtd17 said...

I'm lobbying for William which means "protector."

Caleb William.

Faithful Protector.

carolineb said...

Caleb Michael which means Uncle Mike.

carolineb said...

Me and Gini made tree burning plans today for new years eve!!!

Bekah said...

Bill, I like the name William... good work!

Caroline, Michael is a lovely name and a much loved one in my world but there is a Caleb that lives down stairs w/ the name Michael... would that be weird? But I am 100% present for the tree burning! I'll drink lots of cafe and we will have a fabulous night!

gigi said...

Your daddy likes Caleb Belac Wyesander but I prefer Caleb Nysewander--sometimes I think middle names are over-rated. Hey, can we burn Christmas trees since there is a burning ban due to the drought? Will we be arrested?

Bekah said...

GIGI!!! You're on blogger!!! I'm so excited!! All I have to say is 'let them arrest me'!! Dad's name is silly, but so is dad:)

carolineb said...

GIGI! You rock the blog world. Mike knows all the firemen by now.

johnlive said...

Caleb Jeannie Poo Nysewander has a nice ring to it.

Katie B said...

You know I'll be there...

And Michael is my most favorit middle name.

Bekah said...

JP!!! you too are now in our blog world!!! I'm SOOOOOOO happy! Jeanne Poo was my 1st choice middle name but Jm said no. Sorry:(

B, so I think Jan or Feb will be a great time to visit because I'll need a friend and I'm certain there will be snow!

Caroline, I was just reminiscing about when you and Mikey B were the shepherds for the middle high cell leaders and we would have lunch at your house once a month... oh, good times.

Hannah said...

I like Caleb William or Caleb Matthew (nice strong names!). Caleb appears to be growing in popularity (Josh is Joshua Caleb).

Related Posts with Thumbnails