Many of you may know a woman named Virginia Louise Mulinix Crisp, I happen to know her very well! She's my mom and in my opinion the best out there:) I haven't been one for 'lists' in past blogs but today feels like a good time to start:
10 reasons Gini Crisp is amazing:
1. Any room is brighter with her in it. (I don't know how this works but it is a freakish phenomenon!)
2. She is always taking care of others.
3. She loves the Lord and is a great example of how to do that in a world that tries to pull you the other direction.
4. She focuses on the good in people. Most people these days are all about judging those around them (myself included) instead of seeing and enjoying the positive qualities in others. I don't know how she does this.
5. She is a D*** good cook! Holy Moly what I would give for some Gini cooking right about now... oh wait, I'll get it this weekend!!!!! Yipeeeee!
6. She doesn't take life too seriously. She has the gift of handling life with grace and assurance in Christ without worrying so much about what tomorrow may bring.
7. She is positive. When I feel like I'm staring down a dark tunnel she can show me where there is light.
8. She is a listener and encourager. I don't know one person can leave a conversation with her and not feel like they have been heard and cared for.
9. She is generous. My mom would give anyone the shirt off her back if they needed it. She is always looking out for opportunities to be a blessing for someone even in the moments where others would just want to relax and stay at home. She's so sweet!
10. She taught 3 crazy kids that there is nothing (outside of our relationship with the Lord) more important than family. I am so thankful that our family is close and that my mom taught my bro and sis and I that we need each other. I love this time of year too because I get to enjoy them all and all of the traditions we had growing up that makes the holidays so great!
So those are just a few of MANY things about my mom that amaze me.
I love you, mom and I hope you have a happy day!!!!
PS- on a serious note, I had results from little fella's ultra sound come back and he has some choroid plexus cysts in his brain tissue. The Dr. said that it is a fairly common thing and that they are usually gone by week 32 of pregnancy. So no BIG deal but I would still like to ask for a special prayer for our little guy that everything develops properly and that he is healthy in every way. I have to go have another ultrasound done with a perinatologist to make sure there is no reason for concern and she will be able to explain things better. The perinatologist appointment makes me worry more than the info about the cysts because I've always thought of perinatologists as doctors for very sick (in utero)babies so hopefully this is just a precaution. I don't know, please pray for him/us. Thank you all!